It's Monday! (Oh gosh, really??) What are you reading? #4

It's Monday! What are you reading? This weekly feature is hosted by Bookdate and it's a great way to get your reading week sorted. All you need to do is: 

    badge
  • Tell us what you are currently reading
  • What did you finish reading last week
  • What do you plan on reading next
  • Add your link to the linky provided by your host
  • Visit the other bloggers who also deal with terrible Mondays, but still find the time to prioritize their reading schedules
  • Make sure to read really awesome books in order to increase the above mentioned bloggers' stress levels by adding even more books to their TBR list
  • Pop a Rescue for your own nerves or pour a glass of wine and get reading 

Hello darlings, I'm back. How are you? 


Image result for May I come in gif

Yes, I've been back from holidays for over a week, but I struggle a bit to get back in the swing of things. But we can talk about that at a later stage. Holidays were good, but I didn't read even half as much as planned. I have not been feeling all that well over the past couple of weeks and reading does not bring the comfort I so trust-worthily bestowed on it. But I can't stay away from the blogosphere any longer. My strict Protestant upbringing does not allow any more absent days. 

So let's see what I managed to accomplish on the reading front lately:


Recently Finished:


29432673 25574782 28389305
121648 2026440
Sirius by Jonathan Crown This was such a great read! I enjoyed it immensly and will highly recommend it to just about any and everybody. Review

Pretty Girls by Karin Slaughter Also a great read, but definitely not recommended to any and everybody. Not for the faint hearted. Reader discretion will be adviced. Review

The Other Einstein by Marie Benedict One of those lovely Google-able stories. Review to follow.

Five Little Pigs by Agatha Christie Do I sound like a crazy person if I say Agatha Christie always makes me feel better? Honestly. I might not be able to stomach a lot of reading lately, but Agatha Christie always goes down nicely. 

Indiscretions of Archie by P.G. Wodehouse Audio recording read by Mark Nelson. Loved it. Had a good laugh and as we all know, laughter is the best medicine. 

Currently Reading:


25372801

All the Birds in the Sky by Charlie Jane Anders I strongly suspect that one actually has to feel well to truly enjoy this one. I'm about 70% done and am a bit lost at the moment. Enjoyed the first 50% a lot though.

Cross my heart hope to read: 

23515293 25472815 89717

Deadly Decision by Regina Smeltzer I still have this on my Netgalley schedule for October. Really loved the cover (especially the two hazy boys in the top right corner. Creepy). Guess I need to start reading. Probably tonight.

The High Mountains of Portugal by Yann Martel I've carried this one over from my Book Club for 3 months already. Will it be a carry over once again, or do I just give up? I still have a few days to decide.

The Haunting of Hill House by Shirley Jackson No, I haven't read it before. So weird, I know. This is on our South African reading group for October and I nominated it. So somewhere, somehow - it has to be read. 

I think that's more than enough from me today. I will try to do a bit of blog hopping and say hi to you all, but if I don't get to you - please don't let it bother you. It's not you, it's me. Really. 

Image result for it's not you it's me quotes

Wishing you all a great week ahead!

Mareli 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

King Solomon's mines - H. Rider Haggard

Recipes for Love and Murder - Sally Andrew

The Sunday Post