Library Card May 2017


Greetings! Another month has passed and it's been a rather hectic time at the new house. Renovations and alterations and gardening and all those housy thingies that keep you from reading and blogging. So when the looong weekend in SA finally arrived on Thursday, I was all excited to just relax and take it easy.  I actually had a number of posts planned and all the books from April's Library Card lined up for completion. Alas.... Maybe this house is haunted. It keeps beckoning to me. It keeps pulling me away from the books.....

 Image result for haunted house gif

Nah. Or at least I don't think so. I love my new house. Nothing weird here. Or scary. 

Image result for it's behind me isn't it dog

I'm just making excuses for not completing my Library List. But let's have a quick look at what I did finish in April:


25868918 32853299 34564330 34041276


Stacking the Shelves in April: 

I've had my eye on the weekly feature, Stacking the shelves, hosted by Tynga's Reviews for quite some time. I've decided to incorporate it with my Library Card.Because that is exactly what you do in a library: Stack and unstack the books. 

Image result for Sherlock Holmes in the library gif

Purchased (or even better - for free!)


34700710 33015785 18527675
34373315 28681460


NetGalley

32941988 34448555 34352177


ARC's and Giveaways

34564330 27040391 9467578 34532712


Book Club

18160904 34041276

The Signature of all things by Elizabeth Gilbert - I am still reading this one.

Let's see what is on my Library Card for May 2017:

Paperback/Hardcover (both from my Book Club)

18582003 22752718


Kindle

 19486412 28588061 34700710


I'm not going to put anymore books on this month's Library Card. If I get to finish these five, I'll have faith in my own reading abilities again and I won't have to go ghost hunting anymore. If not, I might have to call in the experts.

Image result for ghostbusters dancing gif

This post links up with Stacking the Shelves and It's Monday! What are you reading? Hosted by The Book Date. Remember to add your linkies and to visit the other participants! 

Stacking the Shelves badge

Wishing you all a great week and reading month ahead.

Mareli 













Comments

  1. You may be busy with Life, but you still did lots of book-things! Good job.

    https://readerbuzz.blogspot.com/2017/04/deweys-24-hour-readathon-my-kazillionth.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Debs! Just wish I could do a bit more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Big Little Lies is on my list. Enjoy fixing your new house and garden!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! So far I am enjoying it, but it is terribly time-consuming.

      Delete
  4. Perfectly understandable that things are getting in the way of reading at this exciting point in your life, reading will return in its good time!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aah, thanks for your kind words Kathryn. I know all that, but sometimes we just need to hear it from someone else.

      Delete
  5. I didn't get much reading done either. I can't blame the household ghost, though. :)

    Saturday was my the junior to cadette bridging ceremony in San Francisco. My daughter and I are sore and sunburnt from our adventure but we had fun. Come see what I'm reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just terrible when life gets in the way of your reading time hey. But then again - we are ever so thankful that we have lovely people to fill our lives and things to do....

      Delete
  6. Ooh Why You Were taken looks good. And yay for new house stuff (although yeah sounds hectic- but that's half the fun right??) All the books you have this week seem to have AMAZING covers- The Book of Moon, Except For One Thing... wow.

    Hope you like Big Little Lies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only you who would look at all the covers yes! But they are lovely. I REALLY hope that I will now finally get to Big Little Lies.

      Delete
  7. Hey! Let the rain take care of the garden as I do so nothing interferes with reading ;-) oh I freaking love your library card! [that host hehe] the covers of the ones you purchased should be a gallery! Oh my those covers. I'm a sucker for anything with a butterfly so I had to check that one out in GR! and it sounds SO MYSTERIOUS! love it
    I loved Big Little Lies and A Monster Calls so hope you like them too

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maybe you have a ghost haunting your house who died when a book fell on his head and that's why he doesn't want you to read! :-0 But wow, lots of books! And some pretty ones! Hope you enjoy them :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hushed sounds so great! I really want to read it! I hope you enjoy it! Thanks for stopping by! happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck with your house! Happy reading. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love talking to you - I always Thalk back!

Popular posts from this blog

King Solomon's mines - H. Rider Haggard

Recipes for Love and Murder - Sally Andrew

The Sunday Post