Friday Meets - 08 July 2016

Exciting weekend ahead! My bestest friend in forever is coming to visit me. So I am quickly drafting all my weekend posts and will have them all posted right on schedule (hopefully). I don't know how much reading will be done as my friend is not a reader (unbelievable - I know!), but luckily one needs to go to the bathroom ever so often and who needs sleep?


Meet me on Friday @ Friday 56 for a bit of Book Blogger Hop to kick-start the weekend with Book Beginnings.

Friday 56 is hosted by Freda's Voice. For this date, you will need the following:
  •  Grab a book (Yes, any book. But it might get you to your other Friday activities a bit quicker if you just grab the book you are currently reading)
  • Turn to page 56 or 56% on your e-reader
  • Find a sentence or two (your other Friday activities might determine this)
  • Post it!
  • Remember to post your link on Freda's Voice and to visit the other guys in the linky.
  • And don't forget to list the title of the book and the author as well.


I've used The love song of Miss Queenie Hennesy by Rachel Joyce a couple of weeks ago for Book Beginnings. Very shamefully I have to admit that it then went back to the bottom of the stack..... Miss Queenie has been waiting for twenty years - a couple of weeks more won't kill her. (Although Miss Queenie Hennesy dying is the main concern to her and Harold Fry. - The youth of today, so inconsiderate).

While sorting out the books to read for July, I've stumbled on Miss Queenie again. I just realized that I don't want to be one of those inconsiderate youthlings and I do want to give her the time of day. So I've pulled her closer and listen to her story. 

20890479


 Page 56:

" The brewery was quiet in the way an old building can be, as if silence is made up of creaks and ticks that are no longer to do with people but only with the things they've left behind."
Just for fun, this made my laugh so hard:

Page 55: 


"It's a shame short men don't wear heels. It would save the world a lot of trouble."

Just before we start with our Friday fun!  


Remember to join Rose City Reader for Book Beginnings. Share the first sentence or so of the book you are reading (or just take the one you grabbed for Friday 56) and share it. You are welcome to also post your initial thoughts on the sentence and your first impressions of the book. Remember to also post your link to Rose City Reader and to visit the other City Readers! If you use another book as the one used for Friday 56, remember to include the title and author.


The Make Me Read It Readaothon is starting tomorrow. The book that got the most votes on my Poll is: 


22055262




Kelly wore a very peculiar coat. It had neither one side, which would be conventional, nor two, which would be unexpected, but several, which was, of course, impossible.
I can't wait to start reading this one tomorrow! 


Oh yes - I am aware that it can't even be described as the opposite of Miss Queenie Hennesy, it is completely from a different planet so intense is the difference. But that is the fun thing of living in the Blogosphere. It is a whole universe filled with planet-genres that you can play hopscotch with. 



Book Blogger Hop
Yet again I will be joining the Book Blogger Hop hosted by Ramblings of a coffee addicted writer. Every week they will pop a question that you need to answer. Post your answer to your blog, enter your post to the linky provided, make yourself a cup of coffee and go visit the other blogs in the list. 

Today's questions: I haven't answered any, so I'll answer both)

1. Who is your favorite fictional couple
2. What is your preferred method of following blogs 

My answers:


1.  
Mr and Mrs Weasley from The Harry Potter series

2. I'm still learning all the different platforms where my fellow bloggers catch the train.
  • Bloglovin
  • Twitter
  • Google +
  • Google Friend Connect
  • Facebook
  • Nine and three quarters 
Let me know on what platform you prefer to catch the train, or even better - on what platform did you meet me? 

I would also like to know who your favorite fictional couple is. Then we can chat about them and compare notes while catching the train. 


My friend just phoned to say they are on their way - so I am logging off now. But I will need to go the bathroom shortly, please chat with me! 

Hope your weekend is going to be as fun-filled as mine.

I will post my final reading list for the Make Me Read It Readathon tomorrow morning.  













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

King Solomon's mines - H. Rider Haggard

Recipes for Love and Murder - Sally Andrew

The Sunday Post