- Tell us what you are currently reading
- What did you finish reading last week
- What do you plan on reading next
- Add your link to the linky provided by your host
- Visit the other bloggers who also deal with terrible Mondays, but still find the time to prioritize their reading schedules
- Make sure to read really awesome books in order to increase the above mentioned bloggers' stress levels by adding even more books to their TBR list
- Pop a Rescue for your own nerves or pour a glass of wine and get reading
Currently ReadingPaperback + Audio + Kindle + Google Play Books = Long weekend
Shutter Man by Richard Montanari (Paperback) I'm about 85% done with it. This is a fabulous book, but you need to keep your head screwed on tight as there are a lot of things happening here with a large number of characters.
Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte (Audio/Librivox) An excellent reading by Elizabeth Klett. Hope to get my hands on Jane Steele as soon as possible.
Anna and the King of Siam by Margaret Landon (Kindle/Netgalley) This popular classic will be re-published later this month. It tells the true story of Anna Leonowens, an English teacher who was employed by King Mongkut of Siam in the 1860's to help him communicate with foreign governments and to tutor his children and favored concubines.
Blink Twice for Murder by Johann Britz (Google Play Books) I am reading this novel on request by the author. We've received the terribly sad news that Johann Britz passed away over the weekend. Blink Twice for Murder was his first and thus only English novel.
I didn't finish anything last week! The shame, I know. My latest read and review was Froelich's Ladder by Jamie Duclos-Yourdon. A stunning read and it will be published by Forest Avenue Press tomorrow. I'm sure this book is going to be making a couple of twirls on the blogosphere's dance floor.
According to my August Library Card, I have a couple of excellent choices from the My Book Club can read between the wines book selection. I hope to start with Salt to the Sea by Ruta Sepetys later today and if I manage to finish Anna and the King of Siam this week, I plan to start with Sirius by Jonathan Crown.
Thalk to me!
What are you currently reading?
What have you recently finished and what's next?