Top Ten Tuesday - Find X



I know, I know. this is not what you are suppose to do. You actually need to list ten books set in or on X, Y or Z. But when I saw this week's theme, the above graphic immediately came to mind.


Books with an X setting = Find X.

In a previous Top Ten Tuesday, I've mentioned my utter lack of Mathematical knowledge. Just for today, I've decided to put that prejudice aside and assist Algebra with his/her/it's age-old dilemma by listing 10 Books with a Mathematical setting. I do hope that my efforts will help him/her/it for once and for all to find his/her/it's X.

 





Top Ten Tuesday is a fun weekly link-up/meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish  where they provide a prompt and other lovers of list-making (me! me! me!) join in with their own top ten list. Feel free to have less than 10 or more if you need to at times and put a spin on the topic if you need to. Just please link back to The Broke and the Bookish  if you are participating. Link up with your BLOG POST (not your blog) in the linky provided and remember to pay it forward! 



1. One Plus One by Jojo Moyes 

18693716This is my favorite Jojo Moyes novel ever. I don't know Y. It just is. Maybe this quote from the book has something to do with it: 
"The law of probability combined with the law of large numbers state that to break the odds, sometimes you have to repeat an event an increasing number of times in order to get you to the outcome you desire. The more you do, the closer you get. Or as I explain to Mom, basically sometimes you just have to keep going."


2. The Rosie Project and The Rosie Effect 


17302192 23492671

We must all concede to the statistical probability that there is someone for everyone. Hang in there Algebra - we'll find X.



3438

I don't think I have ever spoken to anyone who has read this book who didn't love it. This wonderful, real-mouth-full title, is one of those rare books that you can't describe - no matter how hard you think about it or try. Very similar to prime numbers. 
"Prime numbers are what is left when you have taken all the patterns away. I think prime numbers are like life. They are very logical, but you could never work out the rules, even you spent all your time thinking about them."


4. The Millennium Series 


2732977 6087991 7889113 24789156


Algebra, if there's one person who can help you solve your problems, it's Lisbeth Salander. How you are going to get hold of her, is your problem. But I can guarantee that she will find your X

The rest of my list are books I haven't read yet myself, but I've spend hours sorting through all the books listed as maths-fiction and the following are a few that will make it on to either the TBR or READ shelf.  


49750 6613956 91358


433567 1232289 3181564


Dear Algebra, 

I have really tried my hardest to help you find X .  Hope you will be very happy together. 

Yours Sincerely,

Mareli 

Thalk to me!

Have you read any of the novels I've listed in my quest to help Algebra?
What are your favorite books with X settings?


Comments

  1. I still have my old copy of A Curious Incident from way back when! Unique topic :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Loved The Curious Incident so much. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love talking to you - I always Thalk back!

Popular posts from this blog

King Solomon's mines - H. Rider Haggard

Recipes for Love and Murder - Sally Andrew

The Sunday Post