Thursday Quotables #5 - The Yellow Envelope by Kim Dinan

Image result for travel turns you into a storyteller

33841448

I'm not really one for memoirs, but The Yellow Envelope by Kim Dinan is an exception. "One Gift, three rules and a life changing journey around the world". Kim's travels definitely turned her into a wonderful storyteller. I'm about 70% done with this journey and will have my review up somewhere during the next week or so. For now, let me just share a few note-worthy quotes:  




I was learning to enjoy the great swath of possibility that came with uncertainty.

Had the cards been different, it could have been me to grow up on an isolated island protected from the rest of the world by miles and miles of water.Who would I have become it that had been my fate? And who was I now because it wasn't?

Peru - Floating Uros Islands
Floating Islands Lake Titicaca, Peru

Maybe Diego never questioned the purpose of his life because he was too busy going about living it

I enjoyed Kim's account on the Rickshaw Challenge in India and I had soooo much sympathy with those girls! Yup, I would have cried the whole time.

The teams ahead of us were cruising along without problems, but they were missing out on something incredible: the extraordinary kindness that appeared out of nowhere each time that we broke down.

Related image

Image result for A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.


This post links up with Thursday Quotables hosted by Bookshelf FantasiesThis weekly feature is the place to highlight a great quote, line, or passage during your past reading week. Whether it's something funny, startling, gut-wrenching or just really written beautifully - this is where you must share! Just remember to link back to bookshelffantasies.com 

quotation-marks4



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

King Solomon's mines - H. Rider Haggard

Recipes for Love and Murder - Sally Andrew

The Sunday Post