Cover Characteristics - Benches

Today's Cover Characteristics - Benches


Cover Characteristics is a weekly meme hosted by Sugar and Snark. Every week they give us these gorgeous themes and then you have to pick 5 (or more - whatever blows your hair back) covers featuring that theme. If you want to participate: 
  • Pick your covers 
  • Post it to your blog
  • Share your post's URL in the linky provided by Sugar and Snark
  • Go and check out the other guys who also posted! (This might influence your current TBR list a great deal.) 

My favourite cover for today is again going to be the first book that popped into my head when I saw the theme. (But now I really need to pop a chocolate in my mouth)


186190

Forest Gump by Winston Groom "Life is like a box of chocolates - you never know what you gonna get"


The rest were a bit tricky..... I couldn't find any other book on my cyber or wooden book shelves featuring a bench. So I had to go on a bench-hunt. I haven't read any of the following, although I might look into a few.

16085480  22715912

  • Memories of a marriage by Louis Begley This cover makes me feel sad. The lady looks heartbroken and foresaken. 

  • Liar's Bench by Kim Michelle Richardson

44155  

15984269

  • Maigret and the man on the bench by Georges Simenon This looks like a rather nice mystery/detective novel.

  • Lassie by Eric Knight Agree with me here - Timmy and Lassie are leaning over the back of a bench.... Yes! Thought so too.

  • The Universe versus Alex Woods by Gavin Extence I'll get by with a little help from my friends....! A very good friend just (really, just 5 min ago!!) brought me this book to read. And it has a bench on! 


I really do hope that you were a better bench-hunter than me. Please share your findings! 



Comments

  1. I didn't have a really easy time with this one either- and then to make it worse when I found some I didn't always like them or want to use them. Too picky! Anyway I like Liar's Bench and Maigret and the Man on the Bench- looks atmospheric.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Mondays and Tuesdays have been just to hectic the past two weeks, so there is not time to to be picky...Actually I'm not picky with covers at all - it's what's inside I am most picky about. And it does appear as if it is getting worse.... I'm quickly going to have a look at yours and then I need to run again.

      Delete
  2. Great picks! I love the Forrest Gump one too.
    Check out my Covers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lisa! Thanks for sharing, will have a look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LASSIE! That is my fav!
    Thanks for joining in last week :)

    Sugar & Snark

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also love the Lassie one!! Love it when I discover unexpected old treasures.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love talking to you - I always Thalk back!

Popular posts from this blog

King Solomon's mines - H. Rider Haggard

Recipes for Love and Murder - Sally Andrew

The Sunday Post