Cover Characteristics

Today's cover characteristic - MAPS



Cover characteristics is a meme hosted by Sugar & Snark - each week they post a characteristic and choose 5 of our favourite covers with that characteristic. Remember to add your name to the linky so that others can visit!




101711


The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis - If there is one place I would like to have a map to, it would be Narnia. Oh wait - I've got one. Keep on forgetting that in this world we just know Aslan by a different name.

6442769

Paper Towns by John Green - this was the first novel I thought of when I saw the theme. I loved this book! 

9499702

The 100-year-old man who climbed out the window and disappeared by Jonas Jonasson - Isn't the original Swedish cover just so cool? I was searching and hoping that one of the covers will feature a map. The 'feel' of the this whole amazing book was that of a man who is walking over a map. Or at least that's how I felt when reading it.  

6309899

Heart of darkness by Joseph Conrad - this is the cover for the Kindle edition. Otherwise I might never have seen it. But I've never read it. Will see if I can get an audio of this one.


17375315

Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stenvenson - another Kindle edition!


92147

Map of bones by James Rollins - I've never read any James Rollins, but my husband enjoys his books. He made the suggestion for this one.


20746965

Map of bones by Lauren Howell - while searching for the James Rollins cover, I saw this one as well. Same title, also featuring a map, but different author. Never heard of her, but the book does sound rather interesting.



Comments

  1. I love a book with a map - not necessarily just on the cover! Especially if it's a map of a fantasy world. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, especially in a fantasy novel! Any really good ones you can recommend?

      Delete
  2. I love that cover for the Narnia books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Map of Bones is a really cool cover! I love Narnia, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Narnia, if I can choose an alternative universe - it will be Narnia.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the cover for Heart of Darkness, it looks so creepy.


    Cover Characteristics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It rather does! But I don't know if I actually want to read it....

      Delete
  6. I have never seen that Narnia cover until now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to search for it...! LOL. I googled all the editions and hoped for one with a map!

      Delete
  7. I like the Narnia cover a lot (and that edition of the book is a nice one) and I like Paper Towns and Treasure Island as well. However I think Map of Bones is really nice too has a very pirate-y feel. Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had the James Rollins one on my list as well. I like the Narnia one as well.
    Check out my Covers

    ReplyDelete
  9. That Narnia cover is a winner for me!
    Thanks for joining in last week :)

    Sugar & Snark

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love talking to you - I always Thalk back!

Popular posts from this blog

King Solomon's mines - H. Rider Haggard

Recipes for Love and Murder - Sally Andrew

The Sunday Post