Cover Characteristics - Feathers


Cover Characteristics is a weekly meme hosted by Sugar and Snark. Every week they give us these gorgeous themes and then you have to pick 5 (or more - whatever ruffle your feathers) covers featuring that theme. If you want to participate: 
  • Pick your covers 
  • Post it to your blog
  • Share your post's URL in the linky provided by Sugar and Snark
  • Go and check out the other guys who also posted! (This might influence your current TBR list a great deal.) 
As you know by now, I tend to list the book that pops in my mind first as my favourite pick. Every now and again (like last week) there is no popping and I have to rely on other, secondary resources. Like Google. Luckily there were a few pops this week:


14457569

The Four Feathers by Anthony Hope The first pop was this classic novel. Although I've never read it, I did watch the movie. If you've read it, let me know.

685398 110444

When the wind blows and The Lake House by James Patterson. I'm not really into genetic modification fiction, but I enjoyed both these books quite a lot. 

20971472 10950924

Nightbird and The Dovekeepers by Alice Hoffman. I know that there isn't an actual feather on the cover of The Dovekeepers. But I can promise you that somewhere during the photo shoot for that cover, one of those doves did drop a feather. So use your imagination (bloggers and readers are exceptionally good at the art of imagination). I just love Alice Hoffman so much and The Dovekeepers are my number one favourite book by her. 


Browsing through Forest Avenue Press' website, I cam across this lovely cover and title for a book that is up for publication in March 2017. It fits nicely with today's theme. 

The Hour of Daydreams Front Cover for web

The Hour of Daydreams will be the debut novel of author Renee Macalino Rutledge and it does seem like a compelling read. Will have to keep an eye out for it. 

What are your favourite covers featuring feathers? Please share them with me. 

Enjoy the rest of your week!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

King Solomon's mines - H. Rider Haggard

Recipes for Love and Murder - Sally Andrew

The Sunday Post